The Introductions Thread

Welcome! :wave:t5: Excited to have you here! Please introduce yourself and tell us what brought you here! :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

Hi!! I’m María, I’m part of the AKASHA team, I’ll be part of the design sprint, helping with the facilitation of the different workshops. Happy to be here! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone :wave:
Wassim here from the AKASHA team. I take care of communications and growth. Looking forward to making this forum a fantastic collaboration space for Decentralized Social #DeSo :sparkles:

3 Likes

Hello @Martin_AKASHATeam here again! Let me introduce myself :wave:t5: I am focussing on research and in some aspects also on product development within The AKASHA Foundation. My focus in 2022 is to set up an open design challenge for moderating in decentralized social networks. :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

Hello!!! :vulcan_salute:

I’m part of the AKASHA Foundation team. I’m focused on community outreach and looking forward to working with you all on this grand experiment. :test_tube:

Please feel free to reach out with any questions. :brain:

2 Likes

Hello, @sheldrake here, a researcher with the AKASHA Foundation team. If you want to talk digital identity, social graph, interpersonal data, moderating, trust, or holons, just ping me!

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I am a philosopher who has not starved to death. Socialization and refusal to socialize make up my life.

I come from China. I have over half a year of experience in agricultural product marketing and taught myself how to grow grapes. I have done a research report on algorand, an ambassador of oasis, took inventory of the data infrastructure, and is tracking the solana ecosystem, but there are very few applications that can make my blood boil.

I came to the official website of ethworld through the research board shared by my classmates and came here.
I read some of Akasha’s blogs and plan to continue reading it.
EthWorld excites me.
I hope to push Akasha/EthWorld into some interesting progress.

I endorse the idea of ethworld’s decentralized network autonomy. ethworld needs me and I can help ethworld spread.

3 Likes

Welcome @Maxlion! :wave:

It’s great that you’ve been researching the space and studying our content.

We look forward to your contributions and future discussions. :smiley:

1 Like

A warm welcome also from myself @Maxlion ! Great to have you with us and learn about your interest in our work. I’d be curious what your community/ classmates are most interested in. Happy to have a conversation! With warm regards. Martin

2 Likes

We are very interested in decentralized network autonomy, DID.
We very much want to be able to adopt a cyberspace free of censorship and control.
This has many practical implications for any citizen living in a sovereign state.
This facilitates the spread of truth

2 Likes

Done well, it may well facilitate the spread of truth :fist:t3: — perhaps most notably in those parts of the world renowned for having governments that don’t always appear to support the idea of truth to put it lightly.

But done less well, it may well facilitate a so-called ‘memeplex’ with no grounding in truth whatsoever, as more than a handful of 20th Century dysopia authors envisaged. It is evident to more than a few subject experts that this describes the state of a significant part of web 2 / centralised social networking today. Yikes.

Now all we have to do is figure out together what makes the difference between ‘done well’ and ‘done less well’! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello, My name is David and I’m interested in video interaction design and decentralising social networks to empower communities and websites. Join me in introducing to AKASHA here: https://share.vialog.io/qv6qpwak

1 Like

Welcome @David_Sarlos ! Great to have you with us!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Lukas here from Trip Social, we are building a new metaverse for the psychedelics community. Really interested to learn more about the moderating work Akasha is doing. Excited to be here.

4 Likes

Welcome @Lukas! It’s great that you’ve joined us. Please have a look through our blog posts and AKASHA Conversations. :handshake:

Hi! My name is Roy.
I just miraculously stumbled upon this forum and still trying to figure out what it’s about.
I’m fortunate enough to be able to develop whatever the inspiration has in store for me for almost a decade now. Which usually seems to be infrastructure for complex social systems. (Now, with web3 I guess it’s more like socio-economic systems :slight_smile: )

Most of my dev and architecture work is based on linguistics and semantics research I’ve personally done a few years back but haven’t really published anything since my learning disabilities kept me far away from academia.

I do like exchanging information on conversation basis though and would love to brainstorm with some fellow semantic system thinkers.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Tell me more. Maybe I can help out

1 Like

Welcome Roy! :wave:

It’s great that you’ve joined us. Thanks for jumping in and joining the conversation. Please consider joining us on Ethereum World → https://akasha.ethereum.world/

1 Like

hello i am known as mr.bear in this world of web3

I was going through some site on the internet and I found the name of akasha and well here I am

I am a fan of web3, and the crypto world,In addition to believing in decentralization .

I am an active participant of Shapeshift dao, and creating new connections in Latin America, I would like to know a little more about akasha And participate in the dao, recently I was in the cosmoverse and maybe in DevCon in Bogotá

2 Likes

Hello MrBear! :wave:

It’s great to have you join us in the forum. I’m currently in Bogota and will be attending DevCon. Please send me a DM and we can have an in-depth chat about AKASHA, DevCon, and Web3. :sunglasses:

2 Likes